Moroccan Peppercorn Black Coffee
Black peppercorn is an essential part of coffee for Moroccans.
Along with spicy coffee, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom pods, cloves, nutmeg and other spices are also used in Morocco to spice up a cup of coffee.
- ¼ of a teaspoon of freshly ground cinnamon
- ¼ of a teaspoon of freshly ground black peppercorns
- ¼ of a teaspoon of freshly ground ginger
- ¼ of a teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of freshly ground green cardamom seeds
- 1/8 of teaspoon of freshly ground clove
- 1 cup of freshly roasted coffee beans
- 4 cups of water
- milk and sugar optional
Combine spices with coffee beans/powder and grind finely then boil water.
Pour coffee mixture into a paper-lined brewing cup and add water until the coffee “blooms”.